Saturday, April 18, 2009

Home Alone

I had a beautiful Saturday in Amsterdam. Right now Alice and her daughters are attending a birthday party, so I am home alone. Yikes! I don't speak a word of Dutch, so even logging in to my blog account is tricky for me without Alice here. I had to guess what my "Gebruikersnaam" was, then my "Wachtwoord" and then what do do when it said "Aanmelden". Somehow, I landed here!

Here are some of my first impressions of Amsterdam: It is a city alive with the colors of Spring! Blooms are everywhere and people take great pride in their lawns and gardens. These are just a few of the sights that I see as I walk throughout the neighborhood. These flowers were just along the sidewalk. Sorry they are so blurry!



This one is for Laura. Here are the tulips you requested. Aren't they gorgeous!?! I took this picture at a flower market in the city. You can buy a huge bouquet of tulips for about $5.00.



Wisteria for Karen and Harv. Does this remind you of your wedding?




This couple is planning for their wedding. We met them on Thursday and their wedding is today (Saturday). They were purchasing these tulips for their big day. The tulips they selected were a very delicate, soft pink. The funny thing is, the couple isn't even Dutch!


Alice and I take long walks every day. Here is Alice beside one of the many trees that are in bloom this week.


Here I am, next to one of the many canals.



Today we were in the city of Doorn and I took my first pictures of windmills. I will post those later and share all the fascinating new historical facts that I learned.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for my tulips (Total Depravity, Unconditional Election, Limited Atonement, Irrisistable Grace, Perseverance of the Saints)
I love them!!!!!!!

Love you, too!

Laura

Nancy said...

The pictures came through great!
BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I'm so happy for you! It looks like you are enjoying yourself to the fullest! I printed the blog for mom We are going there for the Sun brunch tomorrow with Harv & Kare, they got home this afternoon. Love you! Nancy
!