Thursday, April 9, 2009

God Is Great, God Is Good


I just got an email five minutes ago. It was from Blue Cross/Blue Shield. They were informing me that they were unable to cover me for an insurance plan. No reason given - "details will follow", they said. (It must be they found out about my chocolate addiction) Normally, I would be freaking out at this point. It was bad enough having pneumonia and not being covered. So why am I not freaking out, you ask? Today Bill was asked if he would be willing to join the company. That speaks very highly of his work. They like his drawings and his work ethics and want to keep him on. That means that I will have insurance again! That means that I won't have to search for my own policy again! That means that when there are holidays, Bill will get paid. I know that God is good ALL the time, but things like this just melt my heart...God, once again, graciously met my needs before I even knew I had a need.

Another thing I am thankful for is my precious husband. He is 69 years old! 69 and he still faithfully gets up every morning and goes to work. He doesn't want to. He's tired. He's 69. But he does it because that's what it takes to meet the needs of his family. Katrina wiped us out. We have no retirement anymore. And Social Security isn't looking so secure these days. So he faithfully goes to work everyday. Somedays it makes me so mad. Somedays I want to shout, "This is unfair!!! Why can't Bill just retire? Why can't he just relax and take trips like other 69 year old men??!!!" Until that day happens, I get to witness a man of character; a man that faithfully provides without complaining. Thank you, God, for insurance, and thank you, God, for Bill.

3 comments:

Laura said...

He is pretty awesome, isn't he? :-)

Love you guys!

Laura

Henry said...

both of you are awesome and i wish each of you that the best is yet to come.you have been in my thoughts and prayers and Yes God is Great and God is Good but sometimes God needs our unbelief to make us belief in his power.

Unknown said...

I love you too dad. And I love my mom and her blog too.