Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Few More Pictures

Today I'll post random shots of what I've been doing. The first pictures are shots of typical front windows. I find it so funny that the Dutch are so symetrical in their decorating. This odd notion of symetry is most notable in the front windows of their homes. I don't want this to be taken as a criticism. I find it charming, and I also find it to be a good example of the orderliness of the Dutch culture. Notice in these pictures how two of the same item appears:







The next few pictures are of Bill's sister, Janny, and her husband, Johan. They live in western Holland on an island. Johan drove all the way to pick me up (about 75 miles) and I spent a wonderful day with them.



Janny took me to a quaint little city on the island called Goedereede. It was begun in 1312. Notice the orange flags? The whole country is gearing up to celebrate Koninginnedag on April 30. This is a celebration of the Queen's birthday and the whole country is awash in orange.
I'll post more pictures tomorrow. It's very late and time to turn in for the day.

No comments: