Friday, April 17, 2009

Amsterdam

I'm here! I arrived safely on Wednesday morning. When I got off the plane, I searched and searched for Alice. She is the friend that I am visiting here in Holland. We were college room mates in 1974 and haven't seen each other since then. I waited and waited, sat on a bench, paniced, wondered if I should call Bill...then I retraced my steps. I saw a woman talking to a camera crew...she sort of looked like Alice from the back, but I couldn't see her face. I called, "Alice?" It was her! She was being interviewed for a TV show called Hello/Goodbye. They hang around at the airport looking for interesting stories. They caught our first encounter on film, so now we may be on TV in the Fall!

It was wonderful to see her again after so many years! We have been have so many long walks down memory lane, and now we are making new memories.

Yesterday, she took me on a LONG walk through the city, pointing out areas of interest. I see many tour groups on the streets, and I'm so thankful I get to see the city of Amsterdam through the eyes of my friend.

Today is Friday and I woke up very late. I think the jet lag kicked in big time! The weather is much cooler today, but I think I will walk to the Van Goegh museum and take in some more sights. I've taken many pictures, but need to figure out how to unload them. When I do, I can post some of them here. More to come....Hugs to all!

No comments: