Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No! Say It Isn't So!


Okay, so I'm having this perfect little "Pollyanna" type day, when suddenly I am slapped in the face with this dose of reality...scientists think we may soon run out of chocolate!!!! If you don't believe me, here's a brief quote from ABC News: Scientists say that now it is chocolate's sustainability that needs to be monitored. The Ghana-based Nature Conservation Research Center warns that chocolate may become as rare and expensive as caviar within 20 years.
A number of factors, including climate change, are affecting the farming and production of cacao, or the cocoa plant.
Be still my heart! I feel like I need to stop this blog writing nonsense right now and run to the corner Walgreen's so I can stockpile the Valentine Day leftovers! I mean, if this is true, just think of the ramifications. The dessert menus would totally lose their appeal. I don't know about you, but "Death by Carrot Cake" just doesn't excite me. Neither does "Hot Molten Key Lime Pie" or "Peanut Butter Covered Strawberries".
Chocolate lovers, unite! Pardon me while I grab a Snickers and ponder a solution to this horrible dilemma...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no I can't believe it,but I am sure glad you let us know!!! I'll pass the word or maybe I won't because then people would hoard it!! You are so informed!!! Love you #3

Anonymous said...

It's official.....you have gone completely off the deep end! Ha!

Love ya!

Laura