Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Limping Through Life

Lego re-enactment of Jacob wrestling with God

Yesterday I went to the orthopedic doctor. He took x-rays and said my knee look good...thanks, doctor! Then he examined it (major OUCH!!!) and said I need an MRI. All that for the bargain price of $792.00. He thinks I have a torn meniscus. If that's what it is, I will probably need surgery. Nothing drastic...just a little out-patient procedure. I'm praying that the MRI will show that it is only a ligament that would heal on its own.

I woke up thinking about my knee, praying that I won't require surgery...way too expensive! And then my mind drifted off to Jacob. He wrestled with God and his hip was hurt. He limped the rest of his life. Found myself wondering if Jacob might have been a candidate for hip-replacement!



4 comments:

nancy said...

So when is the MRI? I will certainly be praying that you don't need surgery!! Please remember I love you as do many others and even though you feel all alone sometimes you aren't I'm sure many prayers are given for you! xoxoxoxox

Blah, Blah, Blah! said...

Thank you, my sweet #2

Alice said...

Goes to show ya, fight with God 'n y'r gonna git hurt!;)
"O rest in the Lord, wait patiently for him, and he shall grant thee thy heart's desires..."
Meanwhile, I hope you will have the time to let it heal on its own, and if it needs surgery (which I hope it won't) I hope He will send you the means to pay for it and heal well.
Sterkte! xo

Blah, Blah, Blah! said...

Thank you, Alice! LYLAS xoxo