Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Update and Cute Video

Here is a brief update via bullet points:

  • Summer is rapidly coming to an end. I will be resuming my school scedule next week. That means that this week is full of last minute cleaning, organizing, etc.


  • My knee still hurts.


  • Met wonderful students over the summer. Only one is moving away, and the rest have requested lessons to continue during the school year. I'm very thankful for each student that God sends my way. It is so evident to me that He has chosen (hand-picked!) each student for me. Each one He sends my way has been such a blessing to me in so many ways. They become friends as well as students and I have so much fun with each and every one!


  • Loved having Elise home for the summer. Loved being able to sing hymns in harmony with her and Bill in the car! Loved having her bring me iced tea from her work everyday! Loved watching old movies with her! Our plan is to drive up to Chicago (college) together and I will fly back to Houston. Anyone want to meet us in Chicago on the 29th and 30th??? A fun "Chicago time" is promised! Plus, you could help move stuff into a dorm! Any takers???
    • And last, but not least, I am thankful for friends and family that keep encouraging me. This has been a "bumpy" summer in may ways. It held many unexpected twists and turns. God has been so faithful. Many of you have been such an encouragement to me. Thank you. I am amazed at how many people read this little blog. Many I know, even more that I don't know! Thank you for reading. Here is a sweet little story for all of you...






      3 comments:

      Anonymous said...

      Good bullet update. Positive. Did you know schedule is with an 'h'? I thought it was a typo in my email, now I'm not sure...;)
      Have fun on the singing drive up to Chicago! I'd love to join you!!!:) But can't. :(
      Fly right home again and have fun with your wonderful students!
      Love, Bella

      nancy said...

      what a neat story!! ( Sounds like us)
      I guess I'm the elephant since you're the one with the bad knee!! Is it any better? I would love to come down to Chicago and help you! I can't promise cause I have to see if I can change my work days. I'm going to Shipshewana the 31st and school shopping with Janelle and Kayla in Howell on sept 2 so it's a very busy week. I'll let you know asap! LOVE U..... Nancy

      Blah, Blah, Blah! said...

      Yes, I know how to spell schedule...all the "sch" words are dear to my heart. (More comments like that and I won't call you Bella anymore LOL!) J. "SCH" ulting