Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me

My Mother...she turns 90 on Christmas Day!
My sisters, my Mom and my daughter...celebrating birthdays and family!

Me, opening a birthday present. Can you tell I LOVED it???
In my world, it just doesn't get much better than this...
I'm sitting at my sister's, savoring the warm memories of my birthday spent with a few of the special women in my life. We laughed, we cried, and we celebrated another year of LIFE!
Tonight we will attend a midnight Christmas Eve service and sleep over at my sister Karen's house.
Tomorrow we celebrate my Mom's 90th birthday. She's a real survivor and we are so thankful for her and all she means to our family.
Through the years, many people have commented on my Christmas-time birthday. It usually happens whenever I have to show someone my driver's license. Most people say something like, "Oh!! A Christmas baby!!" Or they ask me how I celebrate my birthday. They want to know if I actually have a birthday, or if it all gets jumbled together with Christmas. And then there are a few joy-killers that get the most anguished look on their faces as they exclaim to me, "Yuck! How H O R R I B L E to have a birthday at Christmas!"
Well, Christmas is all about a birthday, isn't it? A miraculous birth. I pray that each one of you have a wonderfully joyous Christmas...the best birthday party of them all!!!
Joy to the world, the LORD has come!

2 comments:

nancy kaye said...

You really got those pictures on the Blog fast!! I captured your surprised look eh? Hope you had a wonderful candlelight service at the Birthday of our King! It really is special having your birthday at this time! Have a wonderful CHRISTmas Day! LUV U, #2

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you and your mom.What a wonderful family you have and may you have many many more.Now you know why God placed you on this earth.Keep doing what your doing.That way nobody can get ahead of ya.
HJK