Monday, December 14, 2009

Computer Blues


I am sitting in Panera with my laptop, trying to get my "computer fix". Our computer at home is not working, and I have had to endure a whole weekend without the Internet. Lo and behold, I made it through! Truth be told, I actually had a delightful time catching up on my reading.
I have lots to write about, but will wait until I can enter some pictures. I took my morning students on a field trip to a historical park that is only 15 miles from our house. We are studying Colonial Days and this was the closest thing to Colonial that I could find.
On Wednesday we will take another field trip (can you tell I'm loving this time of year??). We read The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe. On Wednesday we will take a tour of the making of the Narnia movies. I think the exhibit even has items on display that were used in the movies. Today it was amazing to see their response to Aslan when it finally dawned on both of them the reason Aslan went in the tent with the Witch and why Aslan died without a fight. I could tell that they were ever so slowly making the connection between Aslan and Jesus...it was a precious moment to witness.
I can't believe I'll be in Chicago in just a few days. I fly in to Chicago on Thursday, Elise will pick me up, I'll stay in the dorm until she finishes her final exam, and then we will head for Grand Rapids. The two of us will spend almost two weeks with my mom and celebrate her birthday...hard to believe that she has bee blessed with 90 years. Her birthday is on Christmas and my birthday is on Christmas Eve. Elise and I can't wait! But I wish Bill and David could come with us...Christmas won't be quite the same without them. I'm already humming, "I'll have a blue, blue, Christmas without you."
Well, more later, when I (hopefully!) can write on the computer from home...it's kind of drafty here in Panera!

1 comment:

nancy said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!SO GREAT TO HAVE YOU IN TOWN SO WE CAN CELEBRATE TOGETHER!! I Love YOU!!