Monday, November 24, 2008

Sweet Home, Alabama

Hey ya'll!! Can you tell I'm back in the "Heart of Dixie"? We left Saturday morning for a weeks respite in Alabama. We have two children living in Mobile, Alabama - both of them are students at the University of Southern Alabama. So, we are spending Thanksgiving with them and are enjoying some time in our old "hangouts". We lived in Mississippi and Mobile was only 45 minutes away...that was the BIG city for us, so we would often come to Mobile for shopping, restaurants, etc. I'm taking lots of pictures, but can't download them until I get back home.

Yesterday we attended our old church. It was just wonderful and refreshing to visit with so many old friends! They had a Thanksgiving meal after the morning service, so that gave us even more time to visit. It was fun to catch up on each other's lives, compare family pictures, etc. One exciting thing happened for me. One item on my "Bucket List" has always been to have a speaking/teaching ministry for women. While I attended this church, I taught numerous Bible studies, Sunday school classes, VBS programs, etc. Because of this, I boldly mentioned my desire to begin a speaking ministry and my desire to begin at a church where I felt comfortable. They really encouraged me and I will hopefully hold a women's retreat with them early in the new year! I am over-the-top excited about this!! If any of you that read this blog have a women's group, I would love to travel to your church and speak. I have a few topics that I have been working on, so just leave a comment and we'll take it from there...

That's all my news from Alabama, ya'll! I'll post more later...HUGS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you had such a great thanksgiving spending time with family and friends!! I'm so excited for you that they want you to be part of their retreat! PTL!! Your dream of speaking is coming around!! I know you will do an awesome job!! Love you lots!!