Saturday, November 1, 2008

Playing Tag

First of all, a happy update. My last post was about baby Eliot. I just want you to know that two weeks ago Eliot became a big brother. His parents now have a baby girl named "Hazel". If you haven't visited the blog written by his father, I strongly recommend that you do. He is an excellent writer and has a wonderful gift of expressing his faith with eloquence and grace. Here's a little "taste" from his blog:

I had hoped that Eliot would still be here. That God would do a miracle. That he would be the kid that filled the pages of medical journals. I hoped that we would be a family for longer. I hoped that he was present at my funeral- just as it should be with a father and son. I make no apologies for those hopes. Naïve as they are, I know a God who could have fulfilled these hopes with a single touch. But, today, we linger in a world that was absent that touch. So what is the subject of my hope now?I hope that God is who He says He is. I hope beyond hope that His word is true. Actually, this was my hope all along. God has not failed. I believe that one day I will be released from this body, and be at His feet. The questions will be answered and I will wonder no longer. Ginny & I believe that while we’re still here on earth, that something is waiting to be done.My hopes cannot thwart God’s plans. And I am learning that this is a good thing. May His will be done. For therein lies my hope.



www.ninetynineballoons.com


Today I was "tagged" and must now answer questions as part of this cyberspace game. I've been tagged bfore but always ignored it, so now I'll try to be a sport and play the game...

Attached or Single? I am "attached" to my husband, Bill. We have been married for 25 years.
Best Friend? Um, this one is hard, but I guess I'll say Bill.
Cake or Pie? Pie, but only if it's my mom's apple pie.
Day of Choice? Saturday
Essential Item? Having lost most everything at one point in my life, I think I've learned that I can live without most everything except "Hope".
Flavor of Ice Cream? Baskin Robbins "Pralines and Cream"
Induldences? Massage, manicure and/or pedicure
January or July? Wherever it's the warmest, so I pick July.
Kids? No, thanks. Oh, sorry! We have six and they are now all "adults"! Ted, Tim, Laura, Tony, David, and Elise.
Last Movie? Fireproof
Middle Name? Ann
Number of Siblings? Two older sisters...I'm the baby!
Oranges or Apples? Honeybell oranges from Hank Jacobs grove in Naples, Florida.
Quote? Any of the ones found on the side of my blog.
Reason to Smile? I am child of the King!!!
Season? Summer
Unknown Fact? I once met Charlton Heston. I competely forgot his name and I called him, "Moses"! For you young folks out there, he played the role of Moses in the movie version of The Ten Commandments.

No comments: