Thursday, March 3, 2011

Please Pray

My wonderful husband leaves tomorrow for Wisconsin. It is for an indefinate period of time. Right now I am very sad and I can't stand the thought of being apart again. But I also applaud his strength...he doesn't want to go either, but it is a sacrifice he is willing to make for his family. I'll write more about it when I can be a bit more positive...right now I'm feeling pretty awful, so just bear with me. I do ask for prayers - that God will protect us and uphold us while we our apart.

That being said, I thank God for the humor He sent my way this morning. He knew I needed to lighten up.

David told me that he applied for a job yesterday.

"What kind of job?"

"A stocker."

"Soccer?" replied his VERY deaf mother.

And David, without skipping a beat, replied, "Yup! They took one look at my resume, saw that I played soccer in the third grade, and they signed me up for the Brazilian National Team!"


No comments: