Saturday, March 5, 2011

One Year Ago

Seldom do I remember where I was exactly a year ago. Today I do. Our whole family gathered in Chicago for Bill's Big Birthday Bash! Here are a few pictures from that weekend:

The brave hearts that ventured downtown.

Squinting into the camera because the sun was sooooo bright!


Even "Gramsy Girl" made it down for the big weekend!


Bill with his "quiver full"



Bill with his "handful"!!!


Tonight, Bill is in Chicago once again...this time without me! (SNIFF) He made it to Memphis,TN
last night and pulled into the parking lot of Trinity about 3:30 this afternoon. He is staying overnight with Elise, will go to church with her in the morning, and then head out to northern Wisconsin.
Tonight he met Tommy's parents. Tommy is Elise's boyfriend. They had a fun time together at a Mexican restaurant. I just talked to them and Bill and Elise are watching a movie together in her apartment.
David and I made it through our second day without the man we love. We got up early and took our puppy in for his first haircut. Then we treated ourselves to a five dollar movie! We saw "The Adjustment Bureau" with Matt Damon. (Who, by the way, always reminds me of my high school sweetheart!) It was a very interesting movie but I'm still not sure if I liked it or not. It was enjoyable to watch, but I strongly disagreed with the premise. It was an attempt to look at the concept of "free will", but it was a very humanistic take on the subject. Anyway, it was a fun day out for David and I and we had an interesting discussion about it on the way home.
For those of you who are praying for us during this time, I thank you. Without Him, I couldn't do any of this. I'm trying to take just one day at a time and live in the reality of God's unfailing love. The verse from our wedding has always meant so much to me...even more now! May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O God, even as we put our hope in You. Psalm 33:22

1 comment:

nancy said...

I remember that day and weekend real well too! It's hard to believe it has been a year already.! We had such a fun time!! We are certainly praying for all of you! God's unfailing Love will be with you as you continue to put your FAITH in HIM!! That's His PROMISE!!!!!love and hugs