Friday, March 4, 2011

Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful left this morning for his 1,300 mile (2,087 km) trek to a little shipyard in Wisconsin. I kept hoping and praying that a job would open up here in Houston. I felt very much like Abraham...walking up Mt. Moriah...knowing what had to be done, and trusting that God would provide the Lamb. Well, I kept looking in "the bushes" for the ram (so to speak) but never found anything. So, even though it doesn't feel like it or make any sense to me, I trust this is God's best for us at this time.
After a tearful goodbye, I had my quiet time. I read over Luke 12 and I Thessalonians 5...both passages are beautiful reminders of the way God meets all the needs that we have.
And then, in my little devotion for the day, God reminded me to live close to Him! How comforting to know that I am in the constant presence of One Who has promised to never leave me. I think my song today will be, "No, Never Alone". Haven't thought about that little song in forever!!!
Okay friends, a new adventure begins! And, as always, I'll keep you posted on how this journey is going....

No comments: