Thursday, December 30, 2010

Grief

Right now my "mama heart" is grieving. Today we dropped Elise off at the airport. Within minutes she called, sobbing. She just received word that her college roommate was killed in a car accident. Giselle was such a wonderful roommate for Elise. They spent hours talking. Even when Elise was at home, she talked to Giselle. They had plans to welcome in the New Year with their friends from Trinity. Giselle was such a wise young woman...wise beyond her years. I guess she was what you would call an "old soul". She was brilliant. She had a 4.o and was to graduate in May. Her plans were to go on to get her Masters and then her Doctorate in Psychology. She had an unshakable faith and openly talked about her love for her Savior. What a hope-filled legacy she has left for her family and friends...to know that Giselle is now safely in Heaven with the One she loved and lived for! It's so hard to believe that she is gone! So full of life, and now she's gone. When our family was in Chicago for Bill's birthday, Giselle came to the hotel and babysat grandchildren so that we could go out for a birthday dinner. And then, in May, when I went up to get Elise, I spent the night in the dorms and Giselle, Elise and I talked and talked into the wee hours of the morning. I know she was a wonderful daughter and a friend to many, and she will be missed. It makes no sense...we only can trust and believe.

2 comments:

nancy said...

My heart grieves for all of you! It brings back so many memories of when my "mama heart" was grieving for Janelle after the death of her Kevin. You just feel sick inside and so helpless!! I will be holding Dear Elise ,you all,and Giselles family and friends in prayer.It's going to be a very hard time for Elise and I'm so glad she has the support of so many at Trinity. Love you dear sister xoxoxox hugs

Sister Kare said...

We hurt for all of you too. Feel our hugs and God will hear our prayers.