Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lego Adventure (and How I Ended Up With a Headache!)

Every morning, I work with three delightful children.  Their parents requested that I work with them individually on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.  On Mondays and Fridays, however, I am to work with them together on a project.  We have played at the park, gone swimming, baked cookies, and made bubbles.  We have also put together a few Lego architectural pieces.  We have built the White House and the Sydney Opera House.  Today we built the Brandenberg Gate.  The boys are great at building, and little sister and I find the pieces that the boys need.  Little sister gets bored and has been known to suddenly take her frustration out on the Legos, scattering them all over the floor.  In an effort to keep her occupied, I asked her lots and lots of questions.  Somehow, my questions led us to the Pledge of Allegiance.  I asked her if she had to say the pledge at school.  "Yes."  Then I asked if she could say the pledge.  "Well, I only know the end", she told me and proceeded to recite it.  "One nation, underneath God, with liber bee and justices for all. You may sit down."


Big brother took it upon himself to correct his sister. "No! 'You may sit down' is NOT part of the pledge!!!" And that's when the Legos ended up scattered all over the kitchen floor...again!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Sister #2told me to check out your blog. Hooray, she's back!! I've so missed your stories - don't ever stop - you have a wonderful God-given talent. You make me smile and/or cry - and that's good. And "Blah blah blah" says it all. Works for me :)