Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wandering and Wondering: Two Things I'm Very Good At!


So, today in church we were reading from Luke 8. My eyes wandered off to chapter 7. I was so touched my the woman that washed the feet of Jesus with her hair. When I read scripture accounts like that one, I always try to put myself into the picture. I try to figure out the emotions, the inner, unseen things that might have been going on... For example, what stirrings in her heart made this woman seek out Jesus? How did she feel when the others were so quick to brush her off and label her as "a sinner"? What did it feel like when Jesus looked at her and said, "Your sins have been forgiven."? I did listen to the sermon on Luke 8...but my encounter today with the woman from Luke 7 has captivated my heart.

It has left me wondering about the new blog I may write. It would be different in content from this blog. I told you before that I was toying with the idea of somehow incorporating my initials (JARS). I'm wondering about the name for the blog...maybe I should call it, MY ALABASTER JAR, in honor of the Luke 7 woman. Hmmm...

No comments: