Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Here Comes Summer!!!!

Hmmm....I was thinking summer haze...but the more I think about it, this picture of a summer maze may be more appropriate!
Summer is quickly approaching and before it gets here, I have so much to do that it sort of feels like I'm in a haze, walking through a maze!!!!
My GED student passed all of his tests and graduated! I am so proud of Jordan and his "I'm NOT going to give up" spirit!!!! The journey was not often easy, but he made it to the finish line and a whole new future is waiting for him!
Next week, I will bring four more of my students across the finish line as we "finish" our studies for the summer. All of the families have asked me to continue teaching their children for the next school year. What an honor!
I was also contacted by a very unique school to teach high school English for the Fall. It would be for two sections of 12th grade British Lit. What makes this school so different, is that it is very focused on preparing the students for success at the college level. Students attend classes only three days a week. On Tuesday and Thursday they complete their weekly homework assignments. I have had two interviews with them and I would LOVE to teach there, but it would mean giving up some of my other students. And so I am in the process of seeking God's guidance in making the best decision.
Tomorrow I will fly to Chicago and drive back to Houston with our daughter, Elise. She just finished her third year of college and we are sooooooo proud of her. She transferred to a college so far from home where she knew no one PLUS it was in the cold, cold NORTH (and Elise is VERY much a Southern Belle!) But she excelled in her classes, made lots of new friends, and kind of likes snow (although she would probably NEVER admit it!).
So...road trip, final week of classes, set up summer tutoring schedule, decide on jobs for the fall...
Summer, here I come!

No comments: