Friday, March 6, 2009

Back Home


City of Biloxi

The New Ocean Springs - Biloxi Bridge

The Bridge After Katrina
Beautiful Biloxi Lighthouse


Ewww! I've really neglected my little blog! Sorry, people...let me catch you up on my recent "happenings".

First of all, one week ago I drove, all by myself (!), to Biloxi, MS. For you "Yankees", make sure you say "Bil - uhx - eee", not Bil- ox-ee. There is nothing that grates on a Southerners ears worse than saying the name of this beloved city incorrectly! Anywho, I had a wonderful trip and stayed with my friend, Charlotte Rhett. On Saturday morning, I spoke at our former church. We met at 9 am for breakfast (man, those ladies can cook!), I spoke from 9:30 - 10:30, we took a little break, and then I spoke again from 11:00 to noon. The ladies prepared a WONDERFUL salad luncheon, and then I spoke again from 1 - 2. We had such a great time together, laughing and crying and sharing our hearts! Elise was able to drive over from Mobile, and it was just plain wonderful to spend time with her! She reminds me WAY too much of myself when I was her age!
After the meeting, Elise and I headed back to her place - Mobile, Alabama is about an hour east of Biloxi. We relaxed and went out to dinner with some of her friends. On Sunday, we met up with Tony and went out for brunch. I left for home on Monday morning at 6 am. I was hoping to teach in the afternoon, but I was pretty wiped out from the long drive, so I went home and crawled in bed!
Here are a few pictures of Biloxi - past and present. It was great to return and catch up with "Sisters on the Coast"! God richly blessed our time together, and I now have the speaking bug! I will be preparing a brochure to send to churches, letting them know about me, my topics that I speak on, etc. So many people prayed for me over the weekend and God showed His faithfulness in many ways. Thanks for all of your encouragement and prayers! Hugs.

No comments: