Monday, December 8, 2008

Valley of Vision

Have you ever read the Puritan prayers found in the book, The Valley of Vision? They are deep, insightful, and penetrating prayers. Today, I would like to share one that is appropriate for Advent and one that I hope inspires you to take a moment to ponder the wonder of our Savior's birth.



O God, take me in spirit to the watchful shepherds, and enlarge my mind;

Let me hear good tidings of great joy, and hearing, believe, rejoice, praise, and adore,

my conscience bathed in an ocean of repose, my eyes uplifted to a reconciled Father;

place me like an ox, ass, camel, goat, to look with them upon my Redeemer's face, and in Him account myself delivered from sin;

let me with Simeon clasp the new-born child to my heart, embrace Him with undying faith,

exulting that He is mine and I am His.

In Him Thou hast given me so much that heaven can give no more.

No comments: