Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yikes!!! What In The World Am I Doing?

Okay, I admit it. I snuck into my big sister's room when I was 7 (and 10, and 15, and 17...) and read her diary. This deviant behavior has sent me on a quest to peer into other's lives, to read about their experiences and live, I guess, vicariously through their escapades and adventures. That's why I enjoy reading the Blogs of others...I love to read the thoughts they openly share, but I also like to savor their writing style, their choice of words, and their syntax. That's the English teacher side of me. Anyway, after years of reading the Blogs of others, I'm going to hold my breath and take a giant plunge into the pool of "Bloggerdom"...much like Meryl Streep did in the movie Mama Mia when she makes a gigantic cannonball leap into the waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
Until today, fear has been the unseen force that has held me back. I've always longed to do something like this...just sort of throw my words out there and journal about my daily minutia. I can't tell you how many people have heard my life's stories and said, "You should write a book!" But fear always constrained me; I mean, what if people knew that I was an English teacher and then saw that I ended my sentences with prepositions, misused punctuation, or misspelled most words???!!!
Well, you know what? Today I have come to the conclusion that I just don't care anymore. I mean, it's not as if there is some anonymous Gramminator reading to jump on every post I submit and correct my blunders with a giant red pen! God's word says, "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power..." 2Timothy 1:7 So fasten your seat belts and hang on to your wigs, "cause I'm jumping in...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hoorah hoorah hoorah...lovin it---keep it comin. If you ever need me to fill in the blanks for you...who'm I kiddin...you remember everything
kjk