Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Lord is My Shepherd

Today begins the sharing of some of the events in my life that led me to writing this blog. I want to start with one of my favorite You Tube videos. I hope you take a moment and watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3buLQoCN6KY
Isn't she precious? I remember memorizing this Psalm when I was four years old. That means I've known this Psalm for fifty years! This Blog is going to be about my walk with the Shepherd and the ways I've had to learn to apply this Psalm to my life. For example, just recently I hit a rough patch. I won't go into all the ugly details 'cause believe me, it's not such a pretty picture. But what I will share is that I spiraled into a pretty lonely place. I have this great imagination, and so often I can just picture myself as a sheep. There I am, off the beaten trail, by myself, while the rest of my sheep buddies are contentedly munching away on the green pastures. I can see the Shepherd, with His hands on His hips, saying to Himself, "Now what in the world does she think she is doing! How many times have I told her to stay with the group? But NO!! Not this one! She ALWAYS thinks her plan is better!" Yup, that would be me. Always going off, fouling up, and gently being guided back into the pack. But through it all, I'm so thankful that I can say it, know it, and mean it, "The Lord IS my Shepherd"!!!! Everyday this week I'm going to write about these four words: Lord,is, my, and Shepherd. I'm looking forward to sharing with you all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Precious is so Precious!!!I'm so grateful that the Lord is my shepherd too! We are so blessed, we can be such naughty little sheep can't we? Luv you nkw

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.